If you’re looking for the perfect brunch mocktail, here it is.
Coffee spritzers are all the rage right now and the addition of chaga to this alcohol-free cocktail, instead of tonic water, doesn’t just add a delicious layer of flavour, it makes this drink even more health-forward.
We love this coffee and chaga based mocktail not just in the morning, but also as a late afternoon pick-me-up. Somehow, adding coffee to a drink gives it a little kick that reminds us of the mouthfeel of alcohol, but of course without the booze.
We’ve also made this mocktail with decaffeinated coffee with equally great results, which makes this a great drink for the evening as well. We’ve offered this to nondrinking friends when we’re meeting for an evening game of cards, to rave reviews.
Delicious options that we love:
Add a maraschino cherry or a drizzle of pomegranate syrup.
The Midnight Sunshine
- vegetable peeler
- 1 serving Espresso
- 1/2 can Lively Chaga Black botanical tonic
- 1 Lemon
- Get yourself a tumbler and add ice cubes.
- Make your espresso. If you haven't got an espresso maker, strong filter coffee also works well.
- Pour over the ice cubes into the glass.
- Fill up with Lively Chaga Black botanical tonic.
- Serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of microplaned lemon zest.
- If you don't have a microplane grater, take a potato peeler and slice off a slice of lemon peel. Twist it between your fingers to spray the lemon oil that's in the peel all over the drink.
- Serve and enjoy.