The Night Train mocktail was born during a Candian winter night. We had just made a batch of delicious ginger syrup, a snowstorm was blowing outside and somebody had lit a fresh fire in the wood burner.
It was time for a drink, a non-alcoholic cocktail to be precise. We felt like something new and started mixing and experimenting with what we had on hand in the kitchen.
Mixing ginger with chaga turned out to be a genius idea. The ginger adds warmth and a gentle bite, a dash of bitters brightens everything up and aids the digestion and chaga – well chaga makes everything better in our books.
Try this mocktail the next time you’re looking for something delicious, warming and comforting.
The Night Train
- 1 tbsp Ginger Syrup Available in specialist stores, or make your own.
- 1 sprig fresh mint
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters
- In a glass tumbler, add ice.
- Our over the ginger syrup.
- Fill up with Lively Chaga Black botanical tonic.
- Add a mint leaf and serve.